Discover Movement, Discover Freedom
The underlying philosophy of Parkour can be gleaned from the phrase – “Etre fort, pour être utile” one must be strong to be useful and therefore capable of acting in real life emergency or threatening situations – like climbing up to your apartment through the window because you lost your keys, or chasing down a thief. As such the practice of parkour is focused on learning how to use your body and how to adapt and move through your environment in the most effective means. You could say it is functional fitness applied!
It encourages creativity and thinking beyond the predefined parameters presented to us in daily life. This mindset and capability developed through parkour instills a unique sense of freedom and confidence.
The Practice of parkour is always challenging, and one of the greatest rewards is the feeling of accomplishment of overcoming an obstacle or pushing through a previous mental limitation – something that you once thought can’t be done suddenly becomes doable.
Discover this art of movement for yourself and give yourself the opportunity to develop mentally, physically and spiritually in a completely new way!
In practical fitness terms parkour is awesome because:
- It is a form of true functional fitness – i.e. learning to use your body as one integrated whole and using movements that can be utilised in day to day life.
- Can be done anywhere
- Requires no special equipment or gear to practice
Benefits of Parkour
- Master your body and your movement
- Gain Greater Awareness of your body and your capabilities
- Improved posture movement
- Self Confidence
- Develop greater courage and overcome fear.
Check out Our Curriculum.